TERMS AND CONDITIONS REGARDING USE OF MICROSOFT SOFTWARE
This document governs the use of Microsoft software, which may include associated media, printed materials, and “online” or electronic documentation (individually and collectively, “Licensed Products”) provided by Rackfish AB (“Rackfish”). Rackfish does not own the Licensed Products and the use thereof is subject to certain rights and limitations of which Rackfish must inform you. Your right to use the Licensed Products is subject to the terms of your agreement with Rackfish, and to your understanding of, compliance with, and consent to the following terms and conditions, which Rackfish does not have authority to vary, alter, or amend.
“Client Software” means software that allows a Device to access or utilize the services or functionality provided by the Server Software.
“Device” means each of a computer, workstation, terminal, handheld PC, pager, telephone, personal digital assistant, “smart phone,” server or other electronic device.
“Server Software” means software that provides services or functionality on a computer acting as a server.
“Software Documentation” means any end user document included with server software.
“Redistribution Software” means the software described in Paragraph 4 (“Use of Redistribution Software”) below.
2.OWNERSHIP OF LICENSED PRODUCTS. The Licensed Products are licensed to Rackfish from an affiliate of the Microsoft Corporation (collectively “Microsoft”). All title and intellectual property rights in and to the Licensed Products (and the constituent elements thereof, including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text and “applets” incorporated into the Licensed Products) are owned by Microsoft or its suppliers. The Licensed Products are protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Your possession, access, or use of the Licensed Products does not transfer any ownership of the Licensed Products or any intellectual property rights to you.
3.USE OF CLIENT SOFTWARE. You may use the Client Software installed on your Devices by Rackfish only in accordance with the instructions, and only in connection with the services, provided to you by Rackfish. The terms of this document permanently and irrevocably supersede the terms of any Microsoft End User License Agreement that may be presented in electronic form during your use of the Client Software.
4.USE OF REDISTRIBUTION SOFTWARE. In connection with the services provided to you by Rackfish, you may have access to certain “sample,” “redistributable” and/or software development (“SDK”) software code and tools (individually and collectively “Redistribution Software”). YOU MAY NOT USE, MODIFY, COPY, AND/OR DISTRIBUTE ANY REDISTRIBUTION SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO AND COMPLY WITH CERTAIN ADDITIONAL TERMS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICES PROVIDER USE RIGHTS (“SPUR”) APPLICABLE TO RACKFISH, WHICH TERMS MUST BE PROVIDED TO YOU BY RACKFISH. Microsoft does not permit you to use any Redistribution Software unless you expressly agree to and comply with such additional terms, as provided to you by Rackfish.
5.COPIES. You may not make any copies of the Licensed Products; provided, however, that you may (a) make one copy of Client Software on your Device as expressly authorized by Rackfish; and (b) you may make copies of certain Redistribution Software in accordance with Paragraph 4 (Use of Redistribution Software). You must erase or destroy all such Client Software and/or Redistribution Software upon termination or cancellation of your agreement with Rackfish, upon notice from Rackfish or upon transfer of your Device to another person or entity, whichever occurs first. You may not copy any printed materials accompanying the Licensed Products.
6. LIMITATIONS ON REVERSE ENGINEERING, DECOMPILATION AND DISASSEMBLY. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Licensed Products, except and only to the extent that applicable law, notwithstanding this limitation, expressly permits such activity.
7. NO RENTAL. You may not rent, lease, lend, pledge, or directly or indirectly transfer or distribute the Licensed Products to any third party, and may not permit any third party to have access to and/or use the functionality of the Licensed Products except for the sole purpose of accessing the functionality of the Licensed Products in the form of software services in accordance with the terms of this agreement and any agreement between you and Rackfish.
8. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, Rackfish may terminate your rights to use the Licensed Products if you fail to comply with these terms and conditions. In the event of termination or cancellation of your agreement with Rackfish or Rackfish’s agreement with Microsoft under which the Licensed Products are licensed, you must stop using and/or accessing the Licensed Products, and destroy all copies of the Licensed Products and all of its component parts.
9. NO WARRANTIES, LIABILITIES OR REMEDIES BY MICROSOFT. ANY WARRANTIES, LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES AND REMEDIES, IF ANY, ARE PROVIDED SOLELY BY RACKFISH AND NOT BY MICROSOFT, ITS AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES.
10.PRODUCT SUPPORT. Any support for the Licensed Products is provided to you by Rackfish and is not provided by Microsoft, its affiliates or subsidiaries.
11. NOT FAULT TOLERANT. THE LICENSED PRODUCTS MAY CONTAIN TECHNOLOGY THAT IS NOT FAULT TOLERANT AND ARE NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, OR INTENDED FOR USE IN ENVIRONMENTS OR APPLICATIONS IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE LICENSED PRODUCTS COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL, PROPERTY OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
12. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The Licensed Products are of U.S. origin for purposes of U.S. export control laws. You agree to comply with all applicable international and U.S. laws that apply to the Licensed Products, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by the U.S. and other governments. For additional information, see http://www.microsoft.com/exporting/.
13. LIABILITY FOR BREACH. In addition to any liability you may have to Rackfish, you agree that you will also be legally responsible directly to Microsoft for any breach of these terms and conditions.